Sunday 4 September 2011

Sunday Breakfast

I am the kind of person who can't start the day or..... function without a hearty breakfast. On weekdays, I always have 2 cups of green tea (I love it!!) and toast with butter and jam, a small piece of cheese and a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice. Twice a week, I may also have for a change a bowl of wholemeal cereals with fruit and nuts and a fruit yoghurt. Only then can I start my day. My only snack in-between meals is a carrot and lots of water.



But, on Sundays breakfast is a special treat!It's eggs and crispy bacon or sausages, often with baked beans, tea or coffee, orange juice or a cocktail juice (orange, pink grapefruit and tangerine), hot croissants, butter and jam and, occasionally, pancakes or waffles. According to Kathleen M. Zelman MPH, RD, LD, the right breakfast foods can help us concentrate, give us strength and even maintain  a healthy weight. To be honest, I don't always have a healthy breakfast, but I never skip it! As a result, I am not hungry in-between meals and don't feel like bingeing on fatty snacks.

How about you? What's for breakfast?

How about you? What's for breakfast?


12 comments:

Christina P said...

I usually skip breakfast. I only have a frape and maybe sometimes some cookies. On Sundays I rarely get up early enough for breakfast, so I have 2 frappes and a big lunch at 4pm.

Jean-Paul said...

Comme petit déjeuner, je mange d'habitude un ou deux croissants avec une tasse de café au lait. Le dimanche...pas grandchose car je me lève tard.

Anastasia Marou said...

*** Christina, I think you should try to have breakfast every day. It's a great energy booster.

*** Jean-Paul, moi aussi j'adore les croissants, mais j'en mange seulement le dimanche.

Olga said...

Δεν παραλείπω ποτέ το πρωινό, Αναστασία μου - καφές, δημητριακά με γάλα ή ένα μικρό τοστ με ζαμπόν και τυρί. Τις Κυριακές φτιάχνω κρέπες και όταν έχω χρόνο μπουγάτσα.

Katie said...

I love donuts and chocolate cookies for breakfast.

Constantinos said...

I don't always have breakfast. I usually have a coffee and, if I have time, a ham and cheese toast. On Sundays, I enjoy a typical English breakfast: toast, eggs and bacon, baked beans, sausages.

Anastasia Marou said...

***Ολγα, ούτε κι'εγώ παραλείπω ποτέ το πρωινό. Κι'εμένα μου αρέσουν πάρα πολύ τα δημητριακά κυρίως εκείνα με τα φρούτα του δάσους και τους ξηρούς καρπούς. Τα προτιμώ όμως με γιαουρτάκι φρούτου παρά γάλα.

*** I also love chocolate cookies, Katie, but, for breakfast I'd rather have something hot or cereals.

*** Constantine mou, make an effort to have breakfast every day and you won't regret it!

Lisa A said...

I love breakfast! Usually I will have cereals with yogurt or sometimes croissants with jam or homemade italian bread with butter and jam and some cheese. Most Italians don't like eggs, bacon or pancakes for breakfast. I love pancakes but for dessert, not breakfast.

Stefania said...

On weekdays, I don't have time for breakfast. Just a coffee and later a cheese pie at work. But on Sundays I prepare a huge breakfast for everyone - especially when my husband doesn't fly. He says he hates breakfast on the plane1 So, I prepare eggs, bacon, grilled halloumi, toast, jam and butter, fresh fruit and sometimes pancakes1

Stefania said...

On weekdays, I don't have breakfast. Just coffee. Maybe later at work I have a cheese pie and a frape. But on Sundays I prepare a huge breakfast -especially when CH doesn't fly - consisting of: cornflakes, pancakes, homemade waffles, yoghurts, fresh orange juice, toast , jam, butter, and fresh fruit.

Katie said...

I love homemade waffles!!!!

Constantinos said...

Occasionally, on Sundays, I may have breakfast out and enjoy waffles with honey. But I've never had the pleasure to taste homemade waffles!